We celebrated a late Christmas with some out-of-town family on New Year's Eve, and I jumped at the opportunity to bring cookies.
Here's what I baked (clockwise from top):
- Russian Tea Cakes (secret family recipe)
- Chocolate Crackle Cookies (So fudgey and soft...I bet these would be superb served hot with ice cream)
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies (I think I prefer just plain old oatmeal cookies.)
- Egg Nog Cookies from Your Cup of Cake (My new favorite cookie!!)
- Holiday Pretzel Kisses from Little Birdie Secrets (Cute and delicious...pictured below)
I was super surprised at how good these Holiday Pretzel Kisses were! I wanted to make them because they looked so cute, but I honestly expected them not be not so good. They were very yummy...it's a shame that they don't sell Candy Cane Kisses all year, so I could make them for different occasions throughout the year with different colored M&Ms on top.
I came up with a baking innovation this weekend, too! I got this utility cart for Christmas from my husband, and it has been so handy to have over the last couple of weeks. It made an awesome cooking rack for my millions of cookies. I used up all of my cookie sheets in this baking session (and I have a lot), so I don't know where I could have put them all to cool without this rack.
Do you have any good cookie recipes I should put on my To-Bake List?