Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Handmade Halloween

Today was a great Halloween!  I stayed up a little late the night before making this Halloween Trick or Treat Party Banner, Candy Corn Popcorn Balls, and Candy Corn Cookie Bark.  I couldn't help but get carried away in last-minute holiday preparations. I broke out all of my Halloween stamps and had a blast crafting and cooking the night away.

Halloween Party Banner

I thought these hand-stamped skeletons were the perfect addition to the banner, which also featured hand-stamped spiderwebs.  They looked so good colored in with a white colored pencil!

Halloween Trick or Treat Banner

These Candy Corn Popcorn Balls are so easy to make! Plus, they're absolutely adorable and because the recipe comes from Cooking Light magazine, they're not too bad on the waistline either!!  This Halloween, I made a half batch using a 100-Calorie bag of microwave popcorn, which made about 12 balls. Just right!

Halloween Handmade Gift Tags

Halloween Popcorn Balls

I absolutely love making this Candy Corn Cookie Bark by Your Homebased Mom! It's the perfect combination of salty and sweet.  It looks perfect in my candy corn bowl that I got at Target a few years ago.

Halloween Candy Corn Dessert

I couldn't resist making something with this cute vintage card stamp!  I turned her into a little sign to put in the Candy Corn Cookie Bark.

Halloween Handmade Decorations

We had a pretty good turn out for trick-or-treating at our house, too, and are only left with two small handfuls of candy.  I'd say that's a pretty good night!  My favorite costumes this year were Poseidon, a member of the Monster High crew, and a very enthusiastic Iron Man.  I wish you could have seen him flex his muscles!!

Featured Handmade Items by Belly Feathers
Trick or Treat Pennant Party Banner
Halloween Party Favor Tags
Hand-stamped Halloween Sign



No comments:

Post a Comment


All contents Creative Commons licensed. Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers.

Please give credit to Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers and provide a link back to the page containing the content when you use ideas, text, and photos from this site. Thanks!

Full Disclosure: If you see a link to Amazon on this blog, it is probably a link through their affiliate program, meaning I would receive a teeny tiny commission on any sales from that link. Please know I only write about items that I think would interest my readers and never for commission on these items.