Monday, July 12, 2010

Fast & Simple Handmade Gift Idea

Sometimes you want to give a special handmade gift, but there's no time to make something completely from scratch.  Here's a fast and easy idea for packaging a store-bought edible gift in super special handmade way.


Dollar Tree has a lot of inexpensive containers that make perfect serving dishes for candy and nuts, which is where I found this cute star-shaped container. For this edible gift, I purchased 1.25 lbs of Imperial smoked nuts from The Fresh Market, which taste fantastic, and placed them inside a cello bag fitted inside the star dish.


I made a simple hand-cut tag with a rubber-stamped design.  Normally, I would stop right there, but I needed to include a special note with this gift that couldn't be missed.  I created a coordinating tiny note card with the same ribbon and orange paper as the tag. 


As you can see, it's simple without a lot of fuss, but it was made with lots of love nonetheless.

Wouldn't this be perfect for a hostess gift or teacher gifts!



This idea is being shared at


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! It looks like a very special gift and I certainly wouldn't have thought 'cheap' when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just precious! Such a great idea! I'm so glad you stopped by and shared it at the Pretty Packages Party!
    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete


All contents Creative Commons licensed. Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers.

Please give credit to Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers and provide a link back to the page containing the content when you use ideas, text, and photos from this site. Thanks!

Full Disclosure: If you see a link to Amazon on this blog, it is probably a link through their affiliate program, meaning I would receive a teeny tiny commission on any sales from that link. Please know I only write about items that I think would interest my readers and never for commission on these items.