Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easy Fried Ice Cream Recipe

I've been known to order Fried Ice Cream as my entree at Mexican restaurants...just ask my husband. I LOVE the combo of creamy ice cream and crunchy coating, so I knew I wanted to have this on my Cinco de Mayo Margarita Party menu.

Photo by Sarah Brewer of Click Photo Designs

I thought it would something really unique to have outside of a restaurant, and once I figured out the right combo of ingredients, I realized how easy it is to make.

Photo by Sarah Brewer of Click Photo Designs

You can make the fried ice cream 8-10 hours before your party, and it will be super yummy when you pull it out of the freezer. If you leave them in the freezer much longer, the crunchy coating will get soggy.

After many trial-and-error attempts, here's my super easy take on this Mexican treat! Mmmm!

Betsy's Easy No-Fry Fried Ice Cream

3-4     cups vanilla ice cream
    1    cup corn flakes, crushed
    1    tablespoon honey
    1    pinch cinnamon

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.

Scoop vanilla ice cream into four baseball-sized balls onto a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden ice cream balls.

Pour corn flakes into a gallon-sized, zip-top bag and seal, removing excess air. Use a rolling pin to crush corn flakes.

Add honey and cinnamon to bag and stir.

Remove one ice cream ball from the freezer at a time, and roll it in the bag of crumbs to coat completely. It will start to melt from the warmth of your hands, so quickly return it to the freezer to harden again before serving. Coating will stay crunchy for 8-10 hours in the freezer.

Makes 4 servings.


Let me know if you try it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment


All contents Creative Commons licensed. Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers.

Please give credit to Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers and provide a link back to the page containing the content when you use ideas, text, and photos from this site. Thanks!

Full Disclosure: If you see a link to Amazon on this blog, it is probably a link through their affiliate program, meaning I would receive a teeny tiny commission on any sales from that link. Please know I only write about items that I think would interest my readers and never for commission on these items.